Monday, December 15, 2008

X-Mas Cookies



Cookies ARE NOT my forte, hell, I'm not sure I even have a forte, but I know I'd rather make cakes than cookies. That aside, I made cookies to give to our all new neighbors and was pleasantly surprised at how easy they were. They're by no means perfect and if I'd taken more time, they'd have been a little better, but I'm pleased with how they turned out.




No Fail Sugar Cookies w/ Royal Icing



************************************************
No Fail Sugar Cookies

This recipe is GREAT when using complex cookie cutters. The dough holds its' shape and won't spread during baking. Make sure you let your oven preheat for at least 1/2 hour before baking these or any other cookies.

6 cups flour

3 tsp. baking powder

2 cups butter

2 cups sugar

2 eggs

2 tsp. vanilla extract or desired flavoring (I like almond myself)

1 tsp. salt


Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla. Mix well. Mix dry ingredients and add a little at a time to butter mixture. Mix until flour is completely incorporated and the dough comes together. Chill for 1 to 2 hours. Roll to desired thickness and cut into desired shapes. Bake on ungreased baking sheet at 350 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes or until just beginning to turn brown around the edges. This recipe yields up to 5-dozen 3” cookies.

No comments: