Monday, April 26, 2010

Ymani's Birthday

This weekend I made a cake for Ymani's 5th birthday.

Interestingly, Ymani's mother Tiffany first emailed me in December about a cake for the party.  And after four months of email exchanges to determine design, flavors and then adding a second cake, the day finally arrived.

Both cakes were iced in buttercream and if you didn't already know, fondant is my medium of choice, but these were very fun cakes to make!  And as always, I learned a lot during the process.



8" marbled cake with vanilla buttercream frosting.  Fondant ribbon roses and lettering. 
I had serious centering issues!


1/4 sheet cake, marbled cake with vanilla buttercream and edible image treasure map. 
This cake was over 4" tall!

4 comments:

Rebekah said...

very cute!!! You did a fab job!

Jackie said...

Such gorgeous cakes! I'm so impressed.

Tonia Lee Smith said...

Yes, I'm impressed too. Beautiful cakes. Wish you lived nearby

###### said...

girl you did good! mine would be a HOT MESS!