Monday, November 22, 2010

Julie's Cake

I made my first vegan cake to help celebrate a friend's birthday!  I researched a few different recipes and scoured the web looking for vegan fondant.  Who knew that Satin Ice, which I have used before and can easily find, would be just what I needed. 

I struggled somewhat decorating this cake though.  My swirls kept sliding, which affected the coloring of the airbrushed cake.  Thankfully, I know exactly how to do it cleanly next time.

8" vegan red velvet (so freaking tasty) & 5" vegan vanilla sour cream cake, filled and iced with vegan cream cheese frosting.  Covered and decorated with Satin Ice fondant (which is also vegan).

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Beautiful design! Really like your scrolls.

Unknown said...

Gorgeous cake! Where did you get your vegan red velvet recipe? I would love to get it as I have a lot of vegetarian relos who keep requesting vegan cakes and all I can offer them is Vanilla or Choc!