Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Cake Balls -- Round Two

I had A LOT of leftover cake in the freezer from the golf ball and spongebob cakes, so I thought I'd take a stab again at cake balls.
This time, I did in fact use cream cheese frosting rather than the non-dairy creamer and the balls shaped much more easily. And I also managed not to burn my candy melts, so my balls actually looked much better too.
Aside from their mardi gras-ness, they tasted pretty good. I'll need to work on my color combos. Oh and one tub of cream cheese and two bags of candy melts only got through one of the two giant ziploc bags of leftover cake, so more balls will be made.


Vanilla cake with cream cheese cake balls. Dipped in purple and yellow Wilton candy melts. Yellow balls have a caramel crunch topping.

2 comments:

Gigi said...

I have to yet to make these. But they are constantly on my mind. Yours turned out fantastic!

Cakespy said...

Oh my, yum! Add a couple of green and you'd have a mardi gras parade--even without I'd call this a party! :-)