Thursday, March 27, 2008

Intel SPCM/SMT/FTF

A whole lotta letters that mean absolutely nothing to me. But dh was coordinating a meeting for work and I was asked to make a cake. I liken it to a big bar of soap...a credit card maybe. But dh wanted simple and simple it was.


The Intel logo was hand cut (what a pickle THAT was) and I finally figured out how to better use my Tappits letter cutters. Cake Central is a wonderful resource for even the most benign decorating questions, including...how the !@#$ do I get these letters out of the cutters without the !@#$ing fondant sticking?!

I digress.

White vanilla cake with raspberry-flavored buttercream filling/icing. 9" x 13" x 4". Covered and decorated with mmf. And I actually FINALLY used my airbrush to color the logo & letters. I need A LOT of practice. I eventually hand painted the Intel logo to give it a stronger blue color.

I also made an Intel Bunny figurine at the last minute for dh to skewer onto the top of the cake once he got it to work. If I had more time, I probably could have made him more closely match the doll, but it was late, and I think the airbrush color got to my brain.

No comments: