Monday, April 27, 2009

SAAC Cake

This is my second year in a row making the cake for the annual Student-Athlete Advisory Committee's (SAAC) last meeting of the year. The first cake was not my ideal creation as it was requested that I recreate a store-bought flub (see post in April 2008).

This was much more fun to make and I look forward to creating something different next year (if they'll have me).



12" cinnamon chocolate fudge cake w/ oreo cookie buttercream filling. Covered and decorated w/ marshmellow fondant. I used a pastry brush and food-safe airbrush color to create the woodgrain appearance. Tappits letter cutters for the letters. The SAAC letters were a little larger than I would have liked, but those were the smallest, large letters I have. The Sparky logo is inedible.

Served 45.

5 comments:

Grandma said...

You just amaze me more each day! Loved the Asian themed cake too. Love you, MOM

Bridget said...

Wow...that wood-grain finish is so neat!

Prudence said...

Awesome job, girl!! Nicely done wood!

cherish.photography said...

Wow! You made that cake? Geez! Beautiful and perfect!

Little Miss Baker said...

Oh my gosh!!! I served on Michigan State University's SAAC Comittee my senior year of college!! I was on the gymnastics team there and we learned a lot of cool stuff! Small world huh? :)