Saturday, June 13, 2009

Song's Birthday

Made this cake for one of dh's co-workers. She requested a similar cake to that which I made for Marisa in April.

I spent a lot more time on the figurines and I'm very pleased with how they turned out. Next to Kipper (March '08), they're probably some of the best I've made.



10" strawberry cake with vanilla buttercream and 6" red velvet w/ cream cheese frosting. Covered and decorated with marshmallow fondant (mmf). Figurines and flowers were made with 50/50 fondant and gumpaste.


I'm not crazy about how broad in the shoulders I made Pooh. I guess he kinda does have a linebacker's build though, right?



4 comments:

Jennywenny said...

I absolutely love this cake! Very cute. I'm interested to know whether you used all cream cheese frosting under the fondant, or whether you just used it as a filling? I've given up on using cream cheese on the outside of the cakes that I cover in fondant since I've found I get enormous bubbles in it.

BellaLovesPink said...

Thanks Jennywenny! This was a fun cake to make! I did ice and fill the 6" cake w/ cc frosting.

I've never really had any problems covering cakes w/ fondant, regardless of the icing. And when I have gotten bubbles, they were pretty easy to sort out.

SweetThingsTO said...

This cake is amazing! Your figures are fabulous! I think Tigger is my favourite, actually they are all my fav!

Raychel said...

I love your tigger!!

Raychel - mycreativeway.blogspot.com